Made this & its 5 stars. Recipe compliments of Debbie Banaszkiewicz.
Hints: reduce cooking time at least 1-1/2 (I had to cook on high) due to time crunch, use boneless chicken, use pitted prunes. Great for easy meal
Slow Cooked Moroccan Chicken
Cook Time: 8 hr
• 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
• 8 ounces baby carrots with tops, trimmed, or baby carrots, halved lengthwise if large
• 1/2 cup pitted dried plums (prunes)
• 1- 14 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
• 1 1/4 teaspoons curry powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 cup Cilantro Leaf, optional
• 1/4 cup Honey, or to taste
1. In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker combine onion and carrots. Add plums and broth. Top with chicken. In a small bowl combine curry powder, salt, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over chicken.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Remove chicken, fruit, and vegetables from cooker with a slotted spoon. Spoon some of the cooking juices on each serving.
Makes 4 servings.